SugarInstant started out as SugarDVD and was known as the Netflix of porn, offering rentals of adult DVDs by mail. DVDs by mail are still available, but SugarInstant's bigger appeal may be unlimited streaming of adult films on the Roku, XBox, iPad, and other Internet-connected devices. (Those not wanting an all-you-can-stream subscription can opt to pay by the minute or purchase videos for download, but those plans are not available on Roku.) These are full-length feature films in HD quality.
The SugarInstant library of films available through your Roku includes hundreds of titles in four dozen categories, including Bit Tits, College, Amateur, Asian, Anal, Interracial, Oral, Chubby, Cream Pies, Group Sex, Masturbation, Cumshots, and Squirting. When you first launch the Roku channel, you'll find only about 20 of these categories. Go to "Preferences" on the top row and you'll be able to add additional categories to the home screen, and you can delete any categories you're not interested in.
Along with your selected categories, the home screen lists Newly Added videos, Top Rated videos, and recommendations based on your previously-viewed videos. You can also search for specific movies by title or star, and you can add movies to your Favorites list to view them later.
Setting up the SugarInstant Roku channel on your Roku is simple:
- Click here to visit SugarInstant, decide on a plan, and sign up for an account.
- Add the SugarInstant channel by clicking here. (You may be prompted to log into your Roku account.)
- From your Roku's Home menu, go to Settings >> System >> System update >> Check now. This will force your Roku to immediately download and install the SugarInstant channel. (If you don't perform this step, SugarInstant should show up within 24 hours after your Roku performs it's normal daily self-update.)
- Open SugarInstant from your Roku's Home menu (if you just installed it, it will be the last channel listed channel listed) and note the code shown on your screen.
- On your computer, go to www.sugarinstant.com/roku and enter the code in the location shown there. (You will need to be logged into your SugarInstant account.)
- Return to your Roku, and the channel should be ready for viewing!
While you're in the SugarInstant channel on your Roku, don't forget to select the "Access Control" option to set a code to restrict access if you have any minors in the house.
- FREE 10-day trial! Sign up here.
- Streaming only (no DVDs by mail) for $9.95 per month.
- Streaming + DVD rentals for various monthly rates ranging from $10.95 to $45.95 per month depending on number of DVDs (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 8) at one time.
- All plans include unlimited streaming plus 20 free pay-per-minute minutes.
RELATED LINKS: SugarInstant's Roku Page